July 15, 2012
Oprah’s Life Class Notes from Season 2 Episode 4 The Power of Forgiveness
- Everything happens just as it needs to be, forgiveness opens your eyes so you can see the opportunities.
- Resenting another person is like drinking poison and expecting the other person die.
- 4 Levels of Love:
- Baby Love- give me what I want and I’ll love you, (demand Love)
- Horse hook love- do things to get what you want, horse traded level of love.
- Real Love- Because its who you are, pure
- Pure, Spirit Love- Love even though it hurts you, you don’t stay but you love.
- Speak the way you want to be spoken to.
- Forgiveness is not for the other person, it’s for you.
- Holding on to resentment is like holding your breath- you suffocate
- Thank him for helping you to create a conscious.
- The only way you can influence the past is by doing something meaningful present.
- What other people think of you is not your business.
- Everything happened in your past in a leverage that propelled you forward, to where you are now.
- You are not what’s happening to you. You are the spirit through which the happening come and go.
- Unforgiveness poisons us instead of protecting us.
- Unforgiveness unchecked becomes a cancer in your soul.
- Not going to let what you did to me affect me here and now.
- Sometimes the intention of wanting to forgive people will help you learn how to forgive others.
- Understand and a just your expectation.
aliciastyleandgrace likes this